11/26/10

My 2010 Thankful


I am thankful to be graced with the most beautiful little being, my daughter Aleksandra. Sure, she brings chaos and randomity to the lives of myself and Mike but she is a joy. So cute. And such a gifted little being. I see in her eyes a joy and, in many ways, a wisdom about life that too many of us have forgotten as we’ve gotten older. Aleksandra gets it and it is my mission to ensure she can continue to have that spirit, to succeed and to pursue happiness as she sees fit. Yes, I love my little girl.

I am thankful for my husband Mike. Him and I come from totally opposite backgrounds, him being from New York and myself being from Illinois/Utah with a larger family. Like any husband and wife, we but heads sometimes. Mike however, is the yin to my yang. As I’ve said before, if we could combine the two of us into a single person, we’d be the perfect person.

I am thankful for my parents. My parents did such a wonderful job raising my brothers, sister and I. Neither Joe, Terry, Katie, nor I would have had the foundation to do what we do now were it not for them. It is a debt that can never be repaid, even though my father jokes that we’re repaying it now by raising our kids and letting them just enjoy the cute parts!

I really do have a ton to be thankful for and the list could go on for days. From the simple pleasures in life to the necessity that we need. All in all I am thankful for my life, my job, Christ, and our home that keeps my family safe and warm.